To join, families must make a leadership gift of personal significance each year. Leadership gifts are counted as tax-deductible gifts to the university’s Parents and Families Fund.
Members serve on the Advisory Council to help represent the voice of the Volunteer Family and are recognized in electronic and print communications from Family Engagement.
Council members are involved in a activities and engagement:
- Providing consistent feedback regarding their experience as family members
- Volunteering with Family Engagement events such as Fall Family Weekend and Spring Family Reunion
- Assisting in university recruiting efforts in collaboration with Office of Admissions (Big Orange Preview, New Vol Roll Call, etc.)
- Supporting campus programming and initiatives throughout the academic year
- Planning and implementing engagement opportunities in their local or regional areas
- Participating in webinars and panels representing the voice of Volunteer families
- Communicating with Volunteer families 1-to-1 or in small group settings
- Assisting with the recruitment of prospective Family Advisory Council members
- Move-in/Big Orange Welcome
- Fall Family Weekend & Silent Auction
- Spring Family Reunion
- Family Appreciation Week
- Tennessee Family Association sponsored events