To join, families must make a leadership gift of $1,000 each year. Leadership gifts are counted as tax-deductible gifts to the university’s Parents and Families Fund.
The Parents Council meets twice each year with the goal of serving Parents Association members and their students. During these meetings, council members hear from campus administrators and convey the concerns of UT parents.
Members are recognized in electronic and print communications from the Office of Family Programs
Council members are involved in a variety of ways:
- Volunteering at family weekend events and orientation sessions
- Assisting in university recruiting efforts
- Supporting campus programming and initiatives throughout the year
- Planning and implementing local engagement opportunities
- Participating in webinars and panels representing the voice of UT families